Associate Exam & Workshop
The IRPM Associate Exam is the second of the three exams involved in the full IRPM qualification and is open to current IRPM Affiliates who have passed the Foundation Exam only.
Upcoming dates for the IRPM Associate Exam:
- Thursday 21st September 2017 - London and Birmingham
Click here for the booking form
Upcoming dates for Associate Exam Preparatory Workshops:
- Tuesday 22nd August 2017 - London
- Wednesday 23rd August 2017 - London
This is a one-day interactive workshop run by IRPM Trainers specifically for Affiliates intending to sit the Associate Examination. Students prepare for this workshop by studying and having a thorough knowledge of the contents of the OLC and flagging any queries they may have which will be discussed in more detail at the workshop. A section is also devoted to ‘exam technique’ which should prove invaluable in overcoming the ‘fear factor’ and allow students to prove their knowledge without hindrance from exam nerves. Members of the Institute may also wish to participate by way of a ‘refresher course’.
The Associate Exam course material is based on the content of the online learning course studied for the Foundation Exam and on work experience candidates are expected to have gained during at least one year in the sector. The first half of the exam will be based on the OLC course and the second half on your experience. Please refer to the "Additional information" for past exam papers and the Resource Hub for the syllabus.
We consider the IRPM Associate Exam to be equivalent to a standard approaching NVQ Level 3.
The Associate Exam consists of two parts:
- Part 1 - compulsory section - presents a number of different issues that might be faced by a residential property manager, each issue requiring a number of factual answers. A total of 10 marks may be awarded for each scenario question.
- Part 2 - a choice of answering three questions from eight - candidates need to provide detailed answers on specialist areas covering service charge accounting, general property management, technical/building/surveying and affordable housing. Two questions will be available for each specialist area.
- Associate Exam guidance is available in the Resource Hub which is located within the Members Area Click here to log in
- The course syllabus and sample questions & answers are available in the Members Area in the Resource Hub.
- Pass mark for the Associate Exam is 60%
- The exam cost is £185 and the exam preparatory workshop cost is £195
- Candidates need to achieve passes in both the IRPM's Foundation and Associate exams to be offered an upgrade to IRPM Associate (AIRPM) membership
- Candidates need to have fulfilled and recorded up to date IRPM CPD requirements before being given exam results or offered an upgrade to Associate (AIRPM) membership
- The Associate exam is organised by the IRPM and provided twice a year at two venues - London and alternating between Birmingham and Manchester.
- Candidates are permitted to sit an Associate exam up to a maximum of three times
- We offer a reduced rate for those who have failed the Associate exam who wish to re-take it. Please refer to the exam booking form.
We have developed Scottish examinations at all levels based on the management of heritable property in Scotland. Click here to view the Scotland exams page.