Associate Exam & Workshop
The IRPM Associate Exam is the second of the three exams involved in the full IRPM qualification and is open to current IRPM Affiliates who have passed the Foundation Exam only.
The Associate Exam course material is based on the content of the online learning course studied for the Foundation Exam and on work experience candidates are expected to have gained during at least one year in the sector. The first half of the exam will be based on the course and the second half on your experience. Please refer to the "Additional information" for a sample exam paper and the Resource Hub for the syllabus.
We consider the IRPM Associate Exam to be equivalent to a standard approaching NVQ Level 3.
The Associate Exam consists of two parts:
- Part 1 - compulsory section - presents a number of different issues that might be faced by a residential property manager, each issue requiring a number of factual answers. A total of 10 marks may be awarded for each topic.
- Part 2 - a choice of answering three questions from eight - candidates need to provide detailed answers on specialist areas covering service charge accounting, general property management, technical/building/surveying and affordable housing. Two questions will be available for each specialist area.
- Associate Exam guidance is available in the Resource Hub which is located within the Members Area Click here to log in
- The course syllabus and sample questions are available in the Members Area in the Resource Hub.
- Pass mark for the Associate Exam is 60%
- The exam cost is £195 and the exam preparatory workshop cost is £196
- Candidates need to achieve passes in both the IRPM's Foundation and Associate exams to be upgraded to IRPM Associate (AIRPM) membership
- Candidates need to have fulfilled and recorded up to date IRPM CPD requirements before being given exam results or offered an upgrade to Associate (AIRPM) membership
- The Associate exam is organised by the IRPM and provided twice a year at two venues - London and alternating between Birmingham and Manchester.
- We offer a reduced rate for those who have failed the Associate exam who wish to re-take it. Please refer to the exam booking form.
We have developed Scottish examinations at all levels based on the management of heritable property in Scotland. Click here to view the Scotland exams page.